Team Building at Hesperides Beach Front Resort - Lian, BatangasSunday, June 12, 2016
Finally, another travel-related blog post! Got tons of backlog about my travels late last year and early this year on which, I am hopeful, to make time to write about my experiences and how it turns out. One thing is for sure, it was an all-out fun adventures - the way I have dreamed of and wished for to happen. On which, the results were overwhelming. Of course, nothing beats candid memories and spontaneous getaways that are forever worthy to be remembered.
Life is indeed the way we make it and our happiness always depend on our choices. With that, no matter how cruel certain situations are, choose to be positive and be happy. Be thankful that, somewhere along the road, you experience something that would make your life more meaningful and at the same time, makes you a better individual.
Meanwhile, when you are in a corporate world, having a yearly team outing is a must! A dose of sunshine and Vitamin Sea once in a while are also helpful to build relationship with the people around you. It is more of knowing the person right next to you on a different setting, on a larger perspective, on a crazy and yet closes to personal ambiance, on an environment that they can let their personalities out without thinking any work-related ethics and behavior or house rules that could be hindrances to act as normal. In short, more of being the person we are without any rules attached. Thus, last last month, we held and spent our team building somewhere in Lian, Batangas. A 2-day short and yet sweet vacation over delish foods, fun and crazy games, booze, and wonderful and some horrible stories at Hesperides Beach Front Resort.
Sunset at Hesperides Beach Resort
We arrived at the resort just in time for lunch and having a Filipino setting with Filipino dishes right in front of our very eyes - prepared in the table - made us a happy campers! The boodle fight began in no time. Well, as a veggie-lover, I ended up eating more vegetables because their pinakbet had all the freshest ingredients. Everything was sumptuous –the adobong chicken and liempo were superb! Fresh water-y and sweet watermelon came next as a dessert.
As one of the game facilitators, here are the games the team played whereas groupings were selected via a phone app that can select players and group them randomly. The games that we choose have to deal with our company’s core values, so here they are.
- Pasahan ng Bola. Players have to pass the ball from one point to another by not using their hands.
- Charades. An all-time favorite game. Deals with creativity, right?
- Hanapan ng piso sa harina. Quite a messy game due to flour might get onto your face since the coin is inside the cup full of flour. The mechanics are a.) Blow the cup full of flour and look for the coin, not all cups does have the coin though. b.) The first team to find it will win.
- Beach Volleyball. Well, beach campers wouldn’t complete without playing volleyball. Teamwork and coordination plays an important role here.
It was just an all-out fun games that connotes sportsmanship. The best part of every team building is the merit of knowing your peers and the bond created with them. Absolutely everyone had a blast!
Having this team activity once in a while, here are some thoughts to ponder:
- People have always their alter-ego, their personality outside the office is more like-able than not.
- Those who are mostly shy and quiet in the office can talk and talk and talk. They wanted to be heard, their ideas were sometimes the craziest yet it is plausible. Work-life balanced is the key to be a happy and be a positive thinker. Work and then pleasure to unwind is always a partner.
- You get to discover things that they like and they don’t. Stuff that they can’t and can do. But nevertheless, everything is a work in progress.
- Change is inevitable, thus, we have to instill them with so much possibilities to make their life better and them, as a person, to be successful.
Volleyball game by the beach
At night, we had the most wonderful and palatable dinner. I say wonderful because our dinner table was setup under the stars with a cool wind around plus the warmth welcome of the family who shared stories while having dinner. And the foods were a bomb! Everything was fresh and delicious. How I wish I have a big tummy to take in all the foods served to us. By the way, the unlimited buko juice tastes so sweet. Well, my thoughts right now: Take me back, puhleeeease!
Right after dinner, it’s time to get social. Some played cards, others sang on videoke, some took a nap, others took pictures and shared their nasty and yet amusing stories. Oh because, we’re grownups, we also had some liquors. As we got tipsy, we played another game. Hooray! This game will show how witty and fast a players think. The players come to think things, names or anything that suited for the criteria, so here they are:
- Mga bagay na sinusundot ng daliri?
- Brand ng posporo? // Matches brand.
- Brand ng chocolate? *hint: Dairy Milk is not a brank okay? // Chocolate brands.
- Mga pangalan ng beauty queens? // Name of beauty queens.
- Mga bagay na dinidilaan? // Things that you lick.
Here’s the catch, once you can’t give a specific answer for 5 seconds or if it is wrong, you have to dance “Spaghetti Pababa” or “Cha-cha” or anything that you want. It was already dawn when we decided to sleep. Gladly, at Hesperides Beach Front Resort you can be as loud as you wanted.
We woke up early in the morning for our Island Hopping, some (including me) went to Matuod Beach while the others went snorkeling at DLSU Marine Sanctuary before heading to Matuod Beach. The beach is clean and serene, the water is crystal clear, still a virgin island that not yet known to many.
By the way, Hesperides Beach Front Resort is a family-owned vacation house that was converted to a resort as a business. It is a budget-friendly resort so no need to worry about the cost. However, staying at HBR seems like spending time with your loved ones as Tita Fe welcomed us warmly and treated us like a family of her own by serving us palatable dishes and assisted us in everything that we needed. Thank you so much, Tita Fe and to the whole crew of Hesperides Beach Front Resort!
Here our photos, enjoy!!!
Photo credits to my team.
per person: Php 1,400.00
Van Rental (from/to Makati to Resort - overnight) = Php 6,500
Food - lunch & dinner c/o Tita Fe = Php 6,000
3 air-conditioned Nipa Hut = Php 7,000
Drinks and snacks = Php 6,000
Island Hopping (Matuod Beach) = Php 100/person
Island Hopping with snorkeling at DLSU Marine Sanctuary = Php 150/person
Miscellaneous = Php 2,000
How to get there?
* Please use waze app, the resort is listed there. Just follow the route.
Hesperides Beach Front Resort
San Ireneus Water Front Estates, Lian, Batangas
Facebook | Mobile No. +63 920 957 9599
* * *
For real-time update about day-to-day adventures, please follow me on Instagram - @aylinvedad or @thedailyposhdotnet. For event invites, product features and/or collaborations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.